Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Longganisa Pasta

I'm sick today not really the worse kind thank God, so as usual when i"m sick I crave for lots of food to regain my strength , and today I crave for Pasta, but I don't want the usual type with lots of spaghetti sauce I prefer the "sosy" type of Pasta with fresh tomatoes instead of the preservative packed tomato sauce by Del Monte. For today I want a taste and smell of Paris and with a little help of basil leaves that will capture it all.


Too bad no one is here to cook for me, but still with a complaining stomach I got up and fix my own special dish. So surprising that I have enough energy to cook, food is my only driving force.  And for those who want a share of my food? well,  eat at your own risk, did I just told you I'm sick?


So this dish is Longganisa Pasta

Ingredients for the Sauce


plus butter and cheese....no pic (just got lazy)

Oil- 3 T, butter 2 T, 6 pcs boiled longganisa, 1 bell pepper (seeds removed), onion, garlic, pepper, 1/ 4 kg tomatoes, 2 T basil leaves, cheese (based on your preference,for me the more the better), 2 T sweet blend tomato ketchup

1. Chop everything except of course the longganisa ( better in bite size)
2. Fry everything in oil,( much better if olive oil), I added butter during cooking ,
3. Since I like sweet taste of spaghetti instead of adding sugar I added 2 Tbsp sweet blend tomato catsup.
3. Put the dried basil leaves last so as not to lose the wonderful aroma (tip: the aroma actually pisses off mosquitoes and flies)
3. Garnish with Cheese.
4. The look? it should be oily with tint of reddish color due to tomatoes.

   Ingredients for the Pasta:

1/4 kilo pasta (since I don't intend to share lol)

For the Pasta, just cook in boiling water with a pinch of salt and oil.
Remove from heat when it reached al dente state (not mushy). Drain and wash with cold water. 



Lastly, Mix the Pasta and the Sauce and Enjoy!!!


    Please don't mind the big onions lol, can't think of a better garnish (coz i'm sick I'm suppose to be resting not thinking,lol)

No comments: